How to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 | Officially and Unofficially
- 1 How to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 | Officially and Unofficially
- 2 Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 using Mi Flash Tool (Offiially)
- 3 How to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Unofficially
- 4 How to Fix Stuck at 50% or Couldn’t Verify Device?
So in today’s post I’ll be talking about how to unlock bootloader of xiaomi redmi note 3 in both official method and unofficial method as well with another error like “stuck at 50%” loading or “Couldn’t verify device error” as well.
The Official method will be by using Mi Flash Unlock Tool in some of easy steps and in the Unofficial method you just need some files that will be listed below and off course your PC. And we will also be seeing the pros and cons of this both methods.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is an awesome Smartphone for those people who are looking for a best budget phone. And there are two variants of this single device that is, one is built with Snapdragon 650 processor and the other is built with Mediatek Helio X10 Processor. There are different variants in RAM and Storage as well that is, 2GB RAM which comes with 16GB internal storage and the other comes with 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage. It comes with 4020 MaH battery capacity. It also comes with 5MP selfie camera and 13MP rear camera along with MIUI 8 which is the best customized android OS.
Unlocking bootloader is important if you bricked your device or got stuck at logo. After unlocking bootloader you can flash custom ROM’s, stock ROM’s, custom recoveries like TWRP (which is the most famous), you can flash fastboot ROM’s and also the main thing for which people used to unlock the bootloader and that is Root yes you can also get root access after unlocking bootloader.
Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 using Mi Flash Tool (Offiially)
So in this procedure of unlocking bootloader below there are two steps by following this two steps you can easily unlock the bootloader or if this not worked in your device then I’ll also provide you with the unofficial method and also with some silly errors. Now let’s start the official method in first step we need to request the Xiaomi developers to grant permission for us to unlock the device and after getting permission from them, we will be using Mi flash tool for unlocking the bootloader so let’s get started.
Step 1 Requesting for Unlock Permission
First of all you need to apply a form to the Xiaomi developer’s team for permission to unlock your device bootloader with proper English written. And you have to give them a valid reason for which they will give you approval for unlock process. And if you got rejected then don’t worry my friend theirs exists an unofficial method and that will surely help you out to unlock bootloader of your device. Now let’s move to the steps of the procedure.
- Now apply for unlocking permission. Open Google Chrome and go to this link http://en.miui.com/unlock/ for applying request.
- Now after visiting the link you can see a warning message “After you Unlock the device, it will become less secure. Your personal data might be leaked or lost.” ignore that message and click the below “Unlock Now” button. After clicking the button it will take you to the login screen, then login with your existing account or if you don’t have any account then create a new account and signup it’s as easy as social networks signup.
- After completion of the signup process and successfully logged in to your Mi account you’ll be redirected to the “Unlock Your Mi Device” form. Their fill the correct information what they ask for and give a valid and genuine reason for which they will approve you to unlock your deice.
For example –
- Write your real name.
- Select your country.
- Enter 10 digit phone number.
- And write the reason genuinely with proper english.
- After that fill the captcha.
- Check the disclaimer
- And finally click on apply button.
- Now a page will appear with heading “Unlock application permissions” here they will send one time pin (OTP) on your registered mobile number which you entered in the signup process.
- Now enter the OTP that you received. If not received than don’t worry there is resend options click that and wait for a while. And now you have got the OTP enter it and click next. Done! You have successfully submitted request.
Now sit back relax and wait for their respond. The Xiaomi developers will review your application and if they approve it then you will receive an SMS and it may take maximum of 10 working business days.
And in case you didn’t receive any SMS from them then you can also directly contact to the Xiaomi MIUI Forum by clicking this link.
Step 2 Unlocking Bootloader Using Mi Flash Tool
And now finally it’s time to unlock your device through the tool called Mi Flash Tool and this awesome tool is developed by MIUI Community.
Requirements for Unlocking Bootloader
- A PC.
- First and foremost you have charge your phone at least of 50%.
- Login to your Mi account that you have created before and submitted application for this unlocking process.
- And al last MIUI version of you device should be Chinese, Developers, Global, Beta, etc.
- Now login to your Mi account that you created before and by which you submitted unlock request. From their download the tool called Mi Flash Tool. After downloading extract it to your PC.
- Now run the Mi Flash Tool then it will ask to login to your existing account so fill up login credentials and login with the same Mi account that you used before.
- After completion of login process, Switch off your device Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and go to fastboot mode by pressing the following buttons simultaneously – Hold Power button and press Volume Down Button while holding power button simultaneously and after that connect it to your PC with original device’s data cable or USB cable.
- Now wait for a while let the tool detect your device and after that you will get an “Unlock” button click that and your unlocking bootloader process will start and after 10-20 sec’s the tool will unlock your device’s bootloader.
- And finally reboot your device that’s it you’re done!
Yay! You have unlocked your device’s bootloader successfully with an official method.
- It’s the official method.
- It’s more safe and secure than the unofficial method.
- No data loss.
- No tension for bricking and stucking.
- It’s slow than the unofficial method.
- You have to wait up to 10 business days for getting permission to unlock your device.
- It is not confirmed that you will be approved you also can be rejected.
If you getting bored of reading articles watch this video tutorial by Shubham Kejriwal a great work done by him. This is official method.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Unofficially
So those whose problem has being not solved with the official method try this unofficial method and I believe that this will surely workout. Here you don’t need the official Mi flash tool. Also no need to take any permission. So here is the way how to unlock bootloader of xiaomi redmi note 3 unofficially.
Important Note* – This unofficial tutorial only work on Snapdragon versions of redmi note 3 and who are using Mediatek versions of redmi note 3 don’t try this method. If you do it will result in bricked phone.
- A PC.
- ADB and fastboot drivers click this link to download after downloading kindly install all files on your PC. And after installing you’ll find the ADB folder on your C drive that is C:/ADB.
- Main file here is the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Unlock Bootloader Zip file, click here to download and extract it to your PC.
- You need to flash one ROM called Global developer ROM 7.21 which is a fastboot ROM click here to download.
- Now Download the Fastboot EDL Zip file and extract it to your PC. This file is used to restart you device into download mode from fastboot mode.
- To flash the Global ROM download the Mi Flash Tool here.
- Minimum battery charge of 50%.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Unofficially or Without Permission
- First and foremost you have to install the ADB and fastboot drivers on your PC.
- Now disable the driver signature enforcement on your PC. So how to do it watch below steps-
- Open Command prompt on your PC in administrator Click the windows button on keyboard or click on start menu their search by typing “cmd” and right click on it and click on administrator mode.
- Now enter the below mentioned command.
- bcedit /set testsigning on
- Now reboot your PC.
- Now go to Settings > Developer options > turn on the OEM unlock and USB Debugging And if you are not getting the developers option in your settings menu then go to About phone > click on MIUI version 7 times simultaneously then a pop-up will say that your developer option is enabled.
- Now if you have extracted the Global developer 7.21 fastboot ROM zip file than you will get a folder with name “images” and if you have not extracted then extract it.
- Now extract the “Unlock Bootloader” zip file copy the file which is named as “mbn” and paste into the “images” sub folder of “Global developer ROM” folder. And if the .mbn file exists then replace it.
- Next step is installing the Mi Flash Tool.
- Now simply reboot your device in fastboot mode.
- Connect your device to PC with the help of USB cable.
- Now after booting your device into fastboot mode, again boot it into download mode by running the file “edl” which is in the Fastboot edl folder that you downloaded before. To confirm that your phone is in edl mode or not check your device’s red led blinking, which shows your device is in edl
- After going to download mode your phone screen will be black.
- Now open Device Manager in your PC (just search on the start menu). Device manager will detect your phone and show it on the “Ports (COM & LPT)” section and it will show as something “Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM6)” or might be “QHUSB_BULK”.
- Now search for Xiaomi folder most of the time it looks like this “C:\XiaoMi\XiaoMiFlash\Source\ThirdParty\Qualcomm\Driver\”. And if you can’t find the folder then install the Mi Flash Tool.
- Now in Device manager right click on your device name on the port section and choose Update Drivers and click on Browse and choose the path of the Xiaomi folder which you found on step 12.
- Install the Device driver.
- After driver installation. Open the Mi Flash Tool to start the unlocking process.
- Now select ROM Where you have saved the fastboot ROM.
- On the Mi flash tool click refresh then you’ll be able to see your device detected and connected “COM3 or COM4”.
- Now check the “Clean all” option and finally click on “Flash” and your unlocking process will begin.
- Now wait for a while and Booom! You’re done but wait wait you’re done not completed the whole process a few more steps left moving to that part.
- Now again move to Fastboot Hold the power button and press volume down button simultaneously.
- Now open “cmd” search on the start menu and open as administrator. Now enter the following command to go to the ADB folder for further steps –
cd adb (then hit enter)
Then the command prompt will look like
Or you can simply go to the ADB folder that you have created before and just press shift + right click and simply choose “Open command window here”.
After this steps type the following more commands to finish the process –
fastboot devices (hit enter)
And check whether your device is connected or not.
fastboot oem unlock-go (hit enter)
This command will unlock the bootloader of your device.
And finally to confirm whether your device is unlocked or not type this command.
fastboot oem device-info (hit enter)
And if your device’s bootloader is unlocked than it will show up –
Device unlocked: true
And Booom! That’s it you have Unlocked Bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Unofficially.
- It’s fast as compared to official method.
- You don’t have to wait for granting permission up to 10 days.
- Data loss means your all media files, contacts, call logs, messages, etc will be erased.
- There might have possibilities to contain malware or virus in the flashing tools and files.
- It only supports Snapdragon versions phones and not supports any Mediatek version phones.
- If tried on Mediatek devices then it will results in bricked phone.
- Some possibilities to soft brick.
If you getting bored of reading articles watch this video tutorial by Hacker Srijan a great work done by him. This is the Unofficial method video tutorial.
How to Fix Stuck at 50% or Couldn’t Verify Device?
And those who people facing problems on errors like “stuck at 50%” loading or “Couldn’t verify device error” they do follow the below steps –
- First and foremost the error might be because of the Mi account means may be you haven’t activated your Mi account with your registered phone number.
- Login to your Mi account, the same account that you used before.
- Open Google Chrome and go to this link and sign in with the same Mi account.
- Now if you can see your device listed with an online icon then click on “Locate My Device” option.
- And after doing so wait for 1-2 days and then try to unlock with Mi flash tool with the same process given above and Boom this worked!
So, if this tutorial worked and you really liked it than don’t forget to share with your friends and keep supporting. Stay tuned for more such interesting stuffs. I’ll come soon with a new interesting article or tutorial till than checkout my previous posts. Bye! Have a great day. Thank you.